Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Missing the Northwoods

I'm sitting here today realizing that this may be the first year in recent memory that I won't get back to the cabin for Spring Gobbler Season. A hectic work schedule, high gas prices, and two very energetic toddlers at home means that I won't get to take my gun for a walk this year in search of gobblers. While I thoroughly enjoy turkey hunting, spring gobbler season has always been a great time to walk in the woods - calling in a turkey is just icing on the cake. I was fortunate to just happen to be camping in the mountains the day the forest fire broke out. We were all relieved to know that the cabin survived. However, I'm anxious to return as soon as possible to discover how far into our hunting territory the fire actually burned. I've enjoyed reading Paula's blog. It has allowed me to experience Spring in the Leetonia valley, even though I haven't been able to get back up there. In many ways, I envy those who are able to live up there year-round. Who knows? Perhaps some day, I'll be able to do the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for starting a site. I also enjoy Paula's site. It's a nice way to enjoy the upper part of the state when we cann't get there. Keep up the good work. Anita

lost in leetonia said...

Hey Peter, I have a few spring pictures up so you don't have to miss everything. Stanley at the Cedar Run Inn got a nice gobbler and gave me the wings and tail. I am making a Turkey wing bone call from it. Let you know how it turns out. I have a new link to my blog http://lostinleetonia.com